YOUTH EXCHANGE “FROM I TO WE”
Zavod Veles in Slovenia, August 2018
“FROM I TO WE – Yes to sustainability” is happening one more time a Zavod Veles as part of “Yes to Sustainability” international project that aims to bring together young people from different regions of Europe by organizing Youth Exchanges in different ecovillages, funded by Erasmus+.
Participants will be funded by the Erasmus+ program, both for the travel (a small fee can occur if ticket prices are exceeding the maximum), activities, food and accommodation.
In the ecofarm Zavod Veles that is becoming a sustainable initiative, Slovenia, there will be 20 young people and 4 youth leaders from different european countries. They will come together to experience life in rural ecofarm and explore what kind of life they are creating for themselves and the world. During these days, they will organize different activities, and take time to reflect on how to develop own life in a sustainable direction.
WHAT IS A YOUTH EXCHANGE?
It is an Erasmus+ project that allows young people to go abroad, to learn foreign languages and cultures, to learn best practises on youth participation and to contribute to a better world with the support of the Erasmus+ program. It provides an opportunity to join meaningful work and experiential learning while costs for food, accommodation and travelling (travelling costs covered up to 275 Euro, the rest is on its own) are covered.
WHERE? The youth exchange will take place in the Ecofarm Zavod Veles, Svinjsko 10, 8297 Šentjanž, Slovenia. www.kmetija-veles.si
WHEN? August 2018
HOW TO GET THERE? . It is possible to travel outside these dates, but one day as maximum. Any stay outside the activity period is completely on your own arrangement, as the host organisation cannot take any responsibility outside above mentioned activity dates.
By plane: the nearest airport is in Ljubljana (Slovenia) / Zagreb (Croatia)
By train: the nearest train station is in Mokronog. From there we will arrange the transport.
By car: it is possible to travel with car or van, but hosting organisation must confirm the selection of transport.
PROGRAM & ACTIVITIES
- Assisting in building facilities like compost toilets or other bioconstruction, clay plasters, tree house, make furniture with recycled materials, etc
- Daily Working Groups: Vegetable garden, taking care of the animals, cooking for lunch/dinner, baking our own bread, cleaning etc.
- Take care of children
- Through different activities we have time to explore and share our dreams, challenges and opportunities as a generation, participate at workshops and intercultural activities, discovering topics like Permaculture, Ecovillages, Sustainability, Working and living in Community
Other activities: Helping local farmers.
Possible excursions: to the city Sevnica / to trek in the surrounding hills /
What do you need to bring?
- Swimsuit and towel
- Hat (to protect against the sun)
- Mosquito net, repellent against mosquitos
- Flash lights
- Raincoat and warm clothes (the weather can quickly change)
- Comfortable shoes for working, walking and being outside
- Musical instruments and games
- Ecological and biodegradable shampoo, toothpaste and soap, suitable for the internal sewage system (if you don’t have such, don’t worry, we will provide hygiene products that are both ecological and biodegradable).
- Your special needs, like tobacco, medication, etc (the nearest shop is 7 kilometers away)
- Working gloves
- Sleeping bag
- Your best smile 🙂
INSURANCE: We ask you to apply for the European Health Insurance Card.
TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT: Travel costs will be reimbursed upon submission of travel tickets, up to the sum of 275 euro per person for participants with distance between 500 and 1999 km. Please remember to keep all the original travel tickets and give them to your Youth Leader, who will reimburse you when back at home – and no later than one month after the youth exchange.
FOOD & ACCOMMODATION
The accommodation will be simple, but pleasant, in shared rooms in the half-opened common house or in teepee tent or you can bring your own tent. Please bring your sleeping bag with you. We will provide mats and extra blankets.
Meals are vegetarian, and we can provide for special diets if necessary.
Please inform your youth leader if you have special needs.
Concerning drugs and alcohol we would like to make it clear that there is a no-drugs tolerance during the youth exchange. It is allowed to drink alcohol in a responsible way and as long as it does not affect the ability to take part of the programme and planned activities.
It is NOT allowed drinking alcohol during the day time.
If you have any questions, we will be happy to answer!
CONTACT: more information soon
FOR MORE INFO: www.kmetija-veles.si